Local Elections on 4th May

On 4th May 2023, more than 8,000 seats will be contested at 230 councils across England.

In the Borough of Epsom & Ewell there are changes to the boundaries of some wards. The number of councillors per ward has also changed in some wards. Please see the link below.


There are candidates from several political parties in each ward. The views are different of each party on the Local Pan and building on Green Belt and Green Field sites,

  • Conservative
  • Green Party
  • Labour
  • Liberal Democrats
  • Residents Associations

How can I vote?

  • in person at your polling station
  • by post
  • by nominating a proxy to vote on your behalf

Voters (and proxies) must be::-

  • aged 18 or over
  • registered at an address in the area where they want to vote
  • a British citizen, an Irish or EU citizen or eligible Commonwealth citizen
  • not legally excluded from voting
  • Rules vary so voters should read their ballot paper carefully.

Voters usually have one vote for each available seat in an election area (known as a ward or division). Large wards may have several seats.

You will need ID to vote in this election

If you’re voting at a polling station in England on 4 May, you’ll need to take photo ID with you. Check if your ID is accepted.

Accepted forms of photo ID

You can use any of the following accepted forms of photo ID when voting at a polling station.

International travel :-

  • Passport issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, a British Overseas Territory, an EEA state or a Commonwealth country

    Driving and Parking :-
  • Driving licence issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, or an EEA state (this includes a provisional driving licence)
  • A Blue Badge

Local travel :-

  • Older Person’s Bus Pass funded by the Government of the United Kingdom
  • Disabled Person’s Bus Pass funded by the Government of the United Kingdom
  • Oyster 60+ Card funded by the Government of the United Kingdom
  • Freedom Pass
  • Proof of age
  • Identity card bearing the Proof of Age Standards Scheme hologram (a PASS card)
  • Other government issued documents
  • Biometric immigration document
  • Ministry of Defence Form 90 (Defence Identity Card)
  • National identity card issued by an EEA state
  • Voter Authority Certificate
  • Anonymous Elector’s Document

You will only need to show one form of photo ID. It needs to be the original version and not a photocopy.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s